First Presbyterian Preschool is the only state-licensed early childhood program in Tuscaloosa County accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
(NAEYC). Early childhood programs accredited by the NAEYC Academy have
voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study
and improvement and met all 10 of the NAEYC Early Childhood Program
Standards. NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of quality education and care
provided in programs for young children.
What is Accreditation? For more information about accreditation and the Criteria for High-Quality Early Childhood Programs visit NAEYC’s website at www.naeyc.org/accreditation.
Our early childhood program incorporates a variety of activities to
promote the individual development of each child across multiple
domains. Learn about the objectives and curriculum of FPC’s Preschool.
STAFF & LEADERSHIP
Click here to meet the director, office staff, and Board of Directors for the First Presbyterian Preschool.
SCHEDULE A TOUR
Come visit us and see our wonderful
classrooms, teachers, and children. Tours are hosted Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Please call to schedule an appointment - (205) 758-3223. We are open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 5:30
FIRST CLASS PRE-K APPLICATION
Now Accepting Applications for First Class PreK.
ACCESS THE CURRENT PRE-K APPLICATION FORM
Interested in working with us?
DOWNLOAD AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
FPC PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM
DOWNLOAD THE 2022-23 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM.
Classroom slots are filled on a first-come, first serve basis.
Currently enrolled students register first, followed by Church Members,
Families on the Waiting List, and Members of the general public.
2022 Registration dates are as follows:
- Friday, January 7th: Deadline for currently enrolled families
- Monday, January 10th: Registration opens to active First Presbyterian Church Members (parents) whose children are not currently enrolled
- Monday, January 24th: Registration opens to waiting list families
- Tuesday, February 1st : Registration opens to general public
Please note the following:
- If your registration date is January 10, 2022, while it is
first come, first serve, you are able to register anytime starting
this week 7:15 a.m-5:30 p.m.
- If your age group is open and you are able to secure a slot for
August 2022 you must have a completed registration form AND the
registration fee $40 (note: if you paid a $20 waitlist fee in 2021
then your remaining registration balance is $20).
- Acceptable forms of payment include cash or check payable to First Presbyterian Preschool (FPP)
- You may not submit your form prior to your registration date
- You must submit your form and fee in person (no faxes, emails, or mail will be accepted)
2021-2022 Closing Dates
6: Labor Day
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
(employee professional development)
- November 25 & 26: Thanksgiving
Day and the Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24 –31: Christmas Break (School Scheduled Maintenance)
- January 1, 2022: New Year’s
- January 17, 2022: In
Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday
- February 21, 2022: President’s
Day (employee professional development)
- March 17 & 18, 2022: Spring
Break Holiday (Employee Professional Dev.)
- April 15, 2022: Good Friday
- May 30, 2022: Memorial Day
- June 20, 2022: In Observance
- July 4, 2021: In Observance
of the Fourth of July Holiday
- July 25 –29, 2022: School
Scheduled Maintenance; Professional Development
- August 18 & 19,
2022: Professional Development and New School Year Prep
Click here to learn more about our curriculum, accreditation, and much more!