First Presbyterian Preschool is the only state-licensed early childhood program in Tuscaloosa County accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
(NAEYC). Early childhood programs accredited by the NAEYC Academy have
voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study
and improvement and met all 10 of the NAEYC Early Childhood Program
Standards. NAEYC Accreditation is the mark of quality education and care
provided in programs for young children.
What is Accreditation? For more information about accreditation and the Criteria for High-Quality Early Childhood Programs visit NAEYC’s website at www.naeyc.org/accreditation.
Our early childhood program incorporates a variety of activities to
promote the individual development of each child across multiple
domains. Learn about the objectives and curriculum of FPC’s Preschool.
5 STAR RATING
In an effort to raise
the bar of quality in early learning and development programs the Department of
Human Resources and the Department of Early Childhood Education have partnered
together to form the Alabama Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS). This
system awards STAR levels to early childhood care and education programs that
meet a set of defined program standards. Programs are evaluated on their
environment and teacher-child interactions. Because of our teacher’s devoted
love and dedication, FPP has received a 5 STAR rating from the Alabama Quality
Rating and Improvement System. Click here to learn more.
STAFF & LEADERSHIP
Click here to meet the director, office staff, and Board of Directors for the First Presbyterian Preschool.
SCHEDULE A TOUR
Come visit us and see our wonderful
classrooms, teachers, and children. Tours are hosted Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Please call to schedule an appointment - (205) 758-3223. We are open daily from 7:15 a.m. to 5:30
FIRST CLASS PRE-K APPLICATION
Applications for First Class PreK run through the Alabama First Class Pre-K Online Pre-Registration program at the link below.
ACCESS THE CURRENT PRE-K APPLICATION FORM
Interested in working with us?
DOWNLOAD AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
FPC PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM
DOWNLOAD THE 2023-24 PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM.
Classroom slots are filled on a first-come, first serve basis.
Currently enrolled students register first, followed by Church Members,
Families on the Waiting List, and Members of the general public.
2023 Registration dates are as follows:
- Friday, January 6th: Deadline for currently enrolled families
- Monday, January 9th - 13th: Registration opens to active First Presbyterian Church Members (parents) whose children are not currently enrolled
- Monday, January 30th: Registration opens to 2022-2023 waitlist families (first come-first serve)
- Tuesday, February 6th : Registration opens to general public
Please note the following:
- If your registration date is January 9, 2023, while it is
first come, first serve, you are able to register anytime starting
this week 7:15 a.m-5:30 p.m.
- If your age group is open and you are able to secure a slot for
August 2023 you must have a completed registration form AND the
registration fee $50 (note: if you paid a $20 waitlist fee in 2022
then your remaining registration balance is $30).
- Acceptable forms of payment include cash or check payable to First Presbyterian Preschool (FPP)
- You may not submit your form prior to your registration date
- You must submit your form and fee in person (no faxes, emails, or mail will be accepted)
2022-2023 Closing Dates
- September 5: Labor Day
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
(employee professional development)
- November 24 & 25: Thanksgiving
Day and the Day after Thanksgiving
- December 22 –31: Christmas Break (School Scheduled Maintenance)
- January 1-3, 2023: New Year’s
- January 16, 2023: In
Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr’s Birthday
- February 20, 2023: President’s
Day (employee professional development)
- March 16 & 17, 2023: Spring
Break Holiday (Employee Professional Dev.)
- April 7, 2023: Good Friday
- May 29, 2023: Memorial Day
- June 19, 2023: In Observance
- July 4, 2023: In Observance
of the Fourth of July Holiday
- July 24 –28, 2023: School
Scheduled Maintenance; Professional Development
- July 31 - August 1: New School Year Prep
- August 2: First Day of School for 2023-2024
Click here to learn more about our curriculum, accreditation, and much more!